Monday, June 29, 2009

Organising my stash



When I made a wedding quilt for some German friends last year, Mum said she was surprised I had enough different fabrics over here to make those pieced stripes - each with dozens of my favourite bits and pieces included. Well, up until last weekend, my fabric collection was hiding in a series of plastic boxes in the cupboards under the eves, and I really had no idea how much I had built up in the last year and a half.
No more! Friends of mine moved, and this gorgeous cabinet oddly did not suit their new house. I'd often coveted it at their old apartment, so gladly offered to take it off their hands.
And now my fabric is happily waiting, easily seen, to be used in a new project. And Mum, you see - I have no shortage of fabric over here! That doesn't mean I don't like to receive care packages of the latest ranges though....... I also popped into Liberty the other day and added to the collection. Oh, and the Far, Far Away from America. Oh well, you can never have too much, right?

No comments: