Thursday, March 16, 2006

Bohemian Rose






There definitely seems to be a rose theme going on here... but this will be the last rose related post for a while I promise!

With the shop camera back after a trip to the Melbourne Stitches and Craft show last week (more on that later...) I am now able to show you a picture of my completed 'Bohemian Rose' wallhanging. I posted the original Stained Glass version last week.

I used most of the fabrics from Amy Butler's new Charm Fall palettes, all available at Just Patchwork! It was hard to part with this wallhanging as it looked wonderful hanging on my wall at home. But it looks equally great in its new home in our classroom.

I used both white and pink bias tape, and I think that the colourful border fabric looks like a gorgeous wallpaper print. Very bohemian, hence the name.

The entire project took just a couple of nights to put together, and would be a great project for a rainy weekend. But here in Tuncurry with daily temperatures still around 30 degrees celcius, it might take a while for one of those stay inside weekends to come around again!


No comments: